Wednesday, July 14, 2021

A 'walk' that we did not know, we walked!

Conversations are beautiful, especially with the ones who run on the same wavelength! 

Mostly, it satiates the girl/woman in me!

In one such conversation today, just came across the word ‘age’ and that completely took me off!

Isn’t age just a number? Did we ever notice we were ageing? 

We did age, but did we know is the question!

As I always say, I always feel I am just out of my college! The years that rolled by, the birthday candles that I have blown out, the birthdays that were meant to remind that I have added one more candle to the cake did not really strike me I guess. Maybe, being with the fresh generation has helped a bit, in this regard! And, maybe liking the person I am, might have helped a BUNCH too! 💃💃

From that 10 year old girl🙅 who cried for silver (all time fav) anklets, to the 15 year old who was adamant about studying 7 years only in UC, to the 20 year old who wanted to keep her parents happy, to the 25 year old who developed that much needed 'don't care' attitude, to the 30 year old who took to being a mom, to the 35 year old who had a passion to break the rules, to the 40 year old who wished to do what she wanted, to the 45 year old who says 'damn it' and has her own ways – it was a long walk! From Black to some gorgeous Silver here and there, that I may love not to hide, and the wrinkles that come up showing are JUST the physical changes - it has absolutely nothing to do with the soul! 

Isn't it all feeling like a cakewalk? 

I think I would prefer a catwalk ahead, if time permits!

6 comments:

  1. Cute pic and superb content, Suni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can sync with what you say but that breed is less in number, I would say. Many women lose themselves by the time they come to 40s...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angane varatte...🥰💃a lady of my same wavelength 🥳🥳🥳🥰 awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good writing Sunitha 👌👌👌

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... I cud see me in you when I read this ! I still find myself as a 12th std school kid😄 I share the same enthusiasm.

    Completely agree... Age is definitely just a number n no way related to our soul !

    ReplyDelete