Saturday, March 2, 2013

A 'brand new' Experience...



Not even in my wildest dreams had I ever seen this. There are umpteen wonderful things that I like about being a teacher. And, there are two lil ‘dumbo things’ that I hate about it too – Paper evaluation and Invigilation. A week ago, I don’t know if I was dazed or too surprised to receive this order from the Board of Education, Puducherry – for Invigilation duty in a government school in Puducherry. 

It was the first time something like this was coming my way, and I was too confused what this experience would turn out to be. For me, it appeared to be a Herculean task – the reasons are many! What I have heard from people around were all a little scary! Even when I attended the meeting, I felt this is going to be a tough task. And, I hate this kinda job! Well, that is my attitude problem! 

Today, I am convinced! I was totally under a wrong impression!!!!!!!!!!!! We were instructed to keep a very ‘strict face’,(Lol, you know I can't). I tried my best to look very stiff, oh my …so funny that was!!!!!!!! The students looked, rather stared at me as if I were a demon. I don’t know if it was my ‘STIFF FACE TRICK’ that worked well here. The students were so well-behaved and never gave me any trouble at all. They were fully engrossed in their business and no one really tried to indulge in any kind of malpractice! Everything went on well till the last moment. 

It was a brand new experience for me!!!!!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Getting to read it only today, was out of the net for some days. How did it go, the whole spell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! Even I wasn't into this space for a while! The whole spell - if u ask - was not really great! Few days were good, few days were yucky - but they were so strict with the conduct of the examination - very different from what we have heard!

    ReplyDelete