Saturday, March 21, 2020

Conversation


Don’t know why!
The past always looks colorful to us; that’s why we call it Nostalgia!
When I got hooked up to this thought today, my ‘not-so-easily-satiable’ mind started throwing questions at me.
My Mind:  Can you walk through the old lanes and bring back a handful of memories which would brighten you up?
Me: Easily, I just need to close my eyes!
My Mind: Okie, so what are you gonna bring me?
Me: Wait a sec; take a ride to the 90s.
My Mind: Gossh! Exactly what I wished to hear!
Thus, we took a happy stroll together to those good old days.
As I said, the past always makes you think it was far better than what we go through at present.
As we dive deeper and deeper, each frame turns out to be brighter and colorful.
And, the best thing when I look back; is definitely the capacity I had to etch even the little bits and retrieve it now.
My Mind: So, how were the days like then?
Me: Simple – Days started well and ended well!
My Mind: Hey! Why don’t just try to narrate how a day really went about?
Me: Lemme try! Mornings were good; most of it went into getting ready for college - Off to college by 8:30 by bus, carrying a load of thoughts and sights till the bus reaches the college gate - UCC used to be part of my life. (7 years in UCC – the college in Premam movie) Time with friends – inside and outside the classroom - Lazing around during the leisure hours – back home by 5 or 5:30 - Sure time for making snacks and gorging on it - Make a trip to library and park and later on to the temple nearby - Time with friends in the residential colony – Badminton - Back home with a chilled mind! Home-time!
Most days went by that way! Holidays were much more fun!
My mind: And, now?
Me: It isn’t this good, still not bad either! Well, I can talk about a week, not a day! I think I am pretty much the same, but for a few responsibilities that I have to shoulder at home and at work. There is always time to roam around, click pics, sip some good juice and melt on a nutty ice- cream. There is enough time for making some good snacks/ dishes and gorge on it. There is time for listening to the favorite songs and getting mesmerized! There is always time for not looking into other people’s business and ignoring advice. There is enough time for silence and me-time.  Most importantly, there is always time for making time for what I badly need!   
My Mind: Bravo! Bravo! Just when I was thinking you might give me pathetic description of the present day, you surprised me!
Me: Yup, we learn it from a lot of experiences that we must make time for ourselves, no one else can give it to us! Anyway, It was a good ride and I owe it to you for making me do this mind-exercise! Meaningful conversations refresh our minds!

And, am off to making some snacks and black coffee!
BRB!

And, I 'm back...

Have a nice evening, y' all!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting...my mind flew back to my memory lane...!!!

    ReplyDelete