Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hats Off to the 'Loud Speaker' Crew!

Sundays are holidays, sundays are also lazy days, once in a while!!!!!!! 
Usually, Sundays are more hectic than the week days!
Today, I guess, was a lazy day!

I had a lot of school work to be completed, so I dedicated some time for that and later sat down to watch a movie. YouTube has become a real blessing these days, as visits to the theatres are very rare! Dhanesh suggested “Loud Speaker”, an award winning movie – I was not for it, I thought there was no use wasting my time on such a movie, I had not read any reviews too. Anyway, after a while, I agreed to his suggestion and made up my mind to watch it.

It was no waste of time, on the other hand, I felt, I have never been touched by a movie, for quite sometime. It is a real movie, with real emotions, it is a kinda movie that viewers get sucked into. It is the kinda movie, which is all about being human. It's is all about the relationship that develops between a donor and a receiver of a kidney ,a NRI menon, who is in need of a kidney and Mike, the donor. Mammootty is just ‘wow’ and lives the role of Mike superbly. Sasikumar, the veteran Journo, too gives a convincing performance. The remixed version of yesteryear melody 'Alliyambal kadavil....' adds to the charm of the movie!

It is sure to move you, make you smile, make you laugh and make you thinkkkk! If you are a mallu, you ought to watch it, it is never a waste of time!

Kudos to Jayaraj for this wonderful movie!

On a personal front, I feel good films make us sit and think about our own lived ways. It’s only through this sort of introspection, can one find the meaning of one's own life. A good book, a good film, a good friend , a good hobby and a good sacred space can be some of the ways by which we can meet with own being, in our busy lives. After all, we’re the only caretakers of the little space we live in.

4 comments:

  1. Well said chechi...I loved that movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike the past few years, many good movies are coming up these days. I suggest Kerala Cafe as next in the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunichi..chandu said it, if you havent watched Kerala cafe , do it ASAP...It proves malayalam industry have atleast 10 talented directors ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I wud try watching it!

    ReplyDelete