Sunday, October 3, 2010

Food for Thought!


I have been lately caught up with loads of work at school and at home. Due to reduced energy levels these days, doing my normal stuff is slowly turning tedious. Though I had taken a resolution that I would make a post at least once a week, I have not been able to keep up with blogging at all!

The other day, I got a set of papers on my table, where kids had written about themselves! I had asked them to write about themselves for the ‘Rosebuddy of the Week’ which I run for my School Blog! One thing, which I had specially mentioned was to write about their hobbies! I went through the papers and noticed that most of them had a long list of hobbies! The next day, I discussed these and kids were really excited about telling about their best-loved hobby! 

It went on for a while, when a guy got up and asked me, “Miss, What is your hobby?”

For a moment, I couldn’t say anything! I really wondered if I could give him an answer!

Then I said, “I think, these days, my hobby is correcting your assignments!” I was right!

Evening!

Back home!

I just asked myself – Do I really have any hobbies now? I tried answering – YES – I have!

Household Chores! Nothing else!

If someone had asked me the same question when I was a teenager, I would have given them a long list of hobbies! Where have all that gone!!! I wonder!

With growing age and increasing work/home pressure - people are losing their hobbies... I guess, there are very few people in my generation who take time to go out for music/art classes, who read a book as a hobby, who play a few games that they love!

Most of us are too much into our work that we don’t really find anything other than that. We know everything and anything that is new in the world – we are more into earning more money for an easy life, that we hardly get time to spare a few moments to do something we 'once upon a time just loved doing'! 

I feel, once in a while, it is very important that we take out sometime out of our busy schedule to do something that gives us happiness, something which is out of the routine, something that will keep that "extra-curricular" vein in our body alive and tingling ... It is necessary for us to rejuvenate ourselves by spending more time with ourselves, to gauge where we are in life, whether we have attained what we wanted, where are we lacking, how happy we are .... and how many real friends have we made in life ... 

Believe me, spending time with oneself, can be really refreshing!

1 comment: