Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sanjna, Sammy - You Made My Day!

Understanding that you will be writing your imprint on your students’ memory, so they will know that there was someone who really cared for them and believed them and made their school life a special one for them. That is a the kinda joy that every teacher aspires for!

Special are the moments spent with students who really understand you and the effort you take to mould them.

More special are the moments you understand you have been able to get a special corner in their hearts! And most special are those moments when they express their real thoughts about you, as a teacher!

Gone are those days when teachers were held in high esteem, this is an era when teachers are considered as friends by most students. Good or bad – it would just be good if the students try to get the best out of their teachers!

Yesterday, at school we had the Teachers’ Day celebration and I was very busy with its arrangements. Most kids came and wished a very happy teachers’ day. Some had brought homemade cakes and gifts too. My students greeted in the first period itself and then we got busy with the preps of the function which was to be held in the afternoon. I guess it was in the afternoon, when Sanjna and Sammy (sisters) came up to me and handed me a card and wished me, ‘ Miss, A very Happy Teachers’ Day”! I also remember Sammy telling me” Miss, I made the envelope for the card!” and Sanjna telling me” This is specially for you miss!” I just took it for a casual greeting card and went into the staffroom. After sitting there for a while, I just opened the card, and I should say I was sooooo happy to see it. It was not the kind of usual card that usually we get on these kinda days. It was too cuutteee. I liked the effort they had taken in making it. Sanjna’s card was a poem which will always remain in my heart. It is simple, but to me it is something very very special!

They just made my dayyyyyy!

To Sunita Miss!

You not only taught me “Last Leaf”
But also a new way of life!
By being an example yourself
You showed that one has to strive hard
To prove oneself!
You taught me conjunctions
And organized many functions
You opened the “Voice of Primrose”
So that we could blossom like a rose!
You corrected my grammar
And asked me not to murmur!
Ms.Rita, Ms.J.C.Das and Ms.Mamta-
They are some of my favorite teachers
And to this list I now add Ms.Sunita
This poem I dedicate to you
And on this Teachers’ Day
I would like to ‘Thank You’
For everything that you have taught me!!!!!




Thank You!

4 comments:

  1. Thats a beautiful poem Chechi..Happy Teacher's Day to you....Congrats to you for being such a great inspiration to your students....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Teacher's Day chechi. Carry on withe the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx a lot miss
    extremely happy to have made u happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sanjana u r a gr8 poet.
    sunie miss u r an inspiration for all of us.

    ReplyDelete