Sunday, September 11, 2011

93!

Celebrated Onam and trying to get back into the work mode! 

Called up Aryad Ammumma to wish her a wonderful birthday. As I talked to her, I could feel the excitement in her voice, having a lotta people around her. She was soooooo happy! 

Ammumma is one gentle lady whom I admire a lot! She is an epic by herself! A mother of 11 kids – she has seen and borne so much in life! At 93, she is still energetic and that is what makes her keep going! 

Whenever we go to Alleppey, she will always be there to receive us and one thing that you will notice about her is her big broad smile! There are three generations after her, but believe me, she can tell you every single thing about each one in the family, be it their jobs, the places they live in, their friends, and even their stars!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is always a pleasure to talk to her – you feel the real warmth in her words. I just love the way she describes her youthful days and the experiences she had with each of her kids! I should say, very rarely, you come across such a person! She is gem of a person, caring, one of the least demanding and amiable grandmas, I have ever seen! 

Cheers to you ammumma for 93 wonderful years! Wishing you many many more happy birthdays with your loved ones! 

I feel bad for not having been able to make it to the birthday party, but I know, she can understand!

3 comments:

  1. wow...........

    I luv u ammumma & I am proud to be ur grandson



    thanks chechi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated wishes to Aryad ammumma. She is a sweetheart for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:01 PM

    So lucky u r ma'am to have such a grandma, plz convey my regards to her. I just loved reading ur post.

    ReplyDelete