Thursday, September 1, 2011

People!


Thanks to Vinayagar Chathurthi for the holiday today and here I am to just write something about people, in general! No other interesting topics brushed my always ‘alive brain’!

It has been rightly said –

"Great minds discuss ideas.

Average minds discuss events.

Small minds discuss people." – by Eleanor Roosevelt.

It is not that I have decided to place me in the third category, but just wanted to pen down a few things, which attracted my attention! I have not always been good at judging people. I get along well with almost anyone and try hard not to have any sort of problems with anyone! Most of all, I hate to have silly tussles with people! I have been pretty much successful in this too! 

We come across a lot many people, now and then. Being an English teacher for the past ten years, I have had a great time with people around me. And, the loads of novels and short stories which I have read throughout my life, have fed my brain with behavioral traits of hundreds of characters. Coupled with my interest in observing people, I would often enter into their proverbial shoes, mostly for fun and sometimes, with damn seriousness. Technically, you can call it ‘parasocial interaction’. 

I have seen a lot many people, who are crazy about putting others in trouble! Though I don’t really enjoy seeing this, it is very obvious that they thoroughly enjoy this process! The funniest part here is that they think that no one understands this, and try to project the image of not knowing anything at all! They are so hungry for ‘information’ that they try to know everything around them and then set their trap! It is also very funny to observe the route by which they collect info!!!!!!!!!!!! The best part is here, they always try to convince you, something which you already know is a LIE! Some of them are so perfect in this art that ordinary souls can never read from their face and often fall prey to their malicious deeds. And, they think that can destroy or deceive every one, like a virus. But, they don’t know that some people have the necessary anti-virus packages in their brain to tackle these menus. Though I can’t stand them, I have often tried to analyze their problem! The reasons are of course - frustration, inferiority complex and conflict, sometimes even the feeling of not being accepted! Let’s forgive them for that! 

And, there are some others who do not intentionally want to harm others, but just want to be in the limelight. People in this category can be considered, more or less, harmless, for they don’t interfere with anything at all! 

And, there are some others, who go about their work and concentrate on what they do! That’s indeed a great thing to do, so that they can excel in their work! 

I guess Francis Bacon’s quote makes sense with respect to people too! 

“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested!” 

So, the moral of the story is - 
Some can be tasted and ignored!
Some others can be swallowed, which means they could be made friends with!
Some can be chewed and digested, which means they could be made friends for life! 


5 comments:

  1. Sunita... I 100% agree with the saying that..
    "Great minds discuss ideas.Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people" but the last line still remains a???Actually such kinda minds have permanently accepted their role and cant go beyond that cheap narrow lane, they really are a virus but it reminds me of the words in Bhagvad Geeta- "karam kiyajaa phal ki chintaa mat kar aay insaan; jaisaa karam karayagaa vaisaa phal degaa bhagwan".

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow chechi..you really made me think about a lot of people i came across through your writing...I will def keep the moral from this post ALWAYS in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm....to forgive such people is unacceptable by me...the reason being,making other people's lives miserable just because one is frustrated in life is not 'living' at all....and such things and people should be put in their right places at the right time...of course,they'll fade away as the time flies by...but they need to be taught their lessons..so what if they are viruses?some people can cure and kill such viruses....they should know that they too are immortal beings and accountable to someone else at some point or the other!!!!only when they learn to respect others will others respect them...its always mutual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm....may be at ur age, I too wud have said the same. With age, I guess I am growing in spiritual maturity, which at least makes me think so! Donno!

    ReplyDelete
  5. chechi a bunch of thanks for sharing such a beautiful thought.. i ve always wondered y do v ve the first category pple around us ,the most dreadful, found every where ..they are the most difficult to stand... but after reading ur post m sure here after i will also be able to forgive them ..also the moral of this post.. i'll definitely ve it in mind...

    ReplyDelete