Friday, June 22, 2012

An Unfamiliar Territory

They tell us, life is a journey, where we get to meet a lot many people….

Men may come and men may go……. How aptly has Tennyson said it! People come in and go out of our lives! But, I am sure you will agree with me when I say, only a few create a lasting impression on us! Yes, people have come, peeked into, vanished, and stayed in my life too! As a teacher, I really love the relationships that I develop with my students. And, I really don’t mind expressing my real thoughts about each student, be it positive or negative, or whether they like it or not!

Let me rewind my life button and get back to 2009. That is the year I joined Primrose. There was this girl whom I got introduced to, in Class VIII. She looked tough and someone told me, she was a Pakistani. That year went on, as I was new, I kept a low profile. I didn’t make any special efforts to do more than what was needed!

The very next year, fed up of being confined to the four walls of the classroom, I decided to put an end to my self-imposed barrenness in life. What I didn’t really know was how to put that fire into me! Days went on without hitting an answer. I remember. I used to glide into the vacuity of mind, where I was sure to find answers for my queries. One fine day, I was able to bring to a halt the constant battle that was going on in my mind. Now the question was “to do or not to do”. After a lot of thought, I decided to give it a try - that was how “The Voice of Primrose” was born. My need was very clear to me – what I really craved was something that can gratify the creative vein in me and I found it in my new English Club. From the time of its inception, Rheu has been a part of the Club. She was its first President! Our bonding started with the Club, it still continues, and it will continue forever! I know I owe a lot to her, I should really give her a lot of credit for the success of many activities initiated by the club. She has always been there whenever I needed her, for anything and everything she was always ready. Even when I restricted myself from calling her during her Grade X days, she used to chase me, begging for some work! Many a time I have told her "We'll rock next year, Rheu! Let the Grade X phase pass on well" Yeah, she made me proud with her "90" in English! Love you Rheu for that! Ahhhhhhhh!  Yesterday, she came to say bye, she is moving! I never said bye! I don’t wanna say it too! I know she won’t be around calling me “Sunie Miss”, but its just that!

I don’t really know why these students are making me so emotional, first it was Swa, then Arvind, Miru and now Rheu, this is for sure an unfamiliar territory, I have never been in this territory before!!! Is this a different me??? Or, are these students different????

10 comments:

  1. Luv u miss!! Miss u too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last para was vry touching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet, another super post!! Its just gr8 d way u write!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know right. Orey the miss is coming! And hey, even if I come back, I ain't gonna call you 'Sunie Miss'. It will just be 'Sunie' ! :D !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know right. Orey the miss is coming! And hey, even if I come back, I ain't gonna call you 'Sunie Miss'. It will just be 'Sunie' ! :D !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really mind, Arvind! Whatever u call me, u are always that student of mine! It just stays the same, now and ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:43 PM

    melted miss!! :')!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everytime I read dis post - I literally have tears in my eyes!! I love you sunie miss!!! :) Thnx for evrything....

    ReplyDelete