Saturday, April 7, 2012

At the Close of the Academic Year!


This is the 12th year that saw me as a teacher!

We are almost at the close of this academic year. Looking back at this year, I am not really sure about the changes it had brought in me as a teacher! Good or Bad – There are changes!

I have always believed that teaching teenagers helps me in keeping my energy level high! (Of late, this philosphy has changed, but let it be a secret for the time being-ha ha) Being with the teenagers and listening to their kinda talks is something that keeps you in high spirits.

I never had moved closely with the higher graders, but this year, somehow, the ice got broken! I guess LUCK struck in the form of Talent Time -coz it was only after Talent Time that the girls started sharing their leisure time with me! These sessions are wonderful, as I had already mentioned, it is so much fun to listen to their fights and arguments.  Most of the time, they would bring up a topic which I love and we head for a gala argument session! I consider myself a queen of sarcasm and I am delighted when I am in the company of these girls as I get ample opportunity to make use of my skills.

Oh, I didn’t introduce the girls here. Five of them – DP, the loner, Samyu, the dreamer, Savi3, the enigmatic beauty, Jeni, the philosopher and  Vaibhavi, the Mother Teresa. To be frank, I was awed, when they first came to spend time with me! But, I am happy that I got to know them better! 


Sometimes, Anu, my colleague too joins us in these sessions! As our chit chatting session ensues, I get a feel of my good old days with my friends….when mind was free from all silly worries! Today mind is always crowded with silly worries like –“What innovative work have I done today?, How soon can I go home and start cooking? And, what should I be cooking – Should I make Parathas or Rice? 

These teenagers are lucky, they don’t have the burden of such thoughts, they are unaware of the real treats that life has in store for them….How I wish I too was one among them! I too long to be there! “Life must have a rewind button!”

I started off with something in mind and ended up with something that is totally unrelated to what I really wanted to pen down.

What a stupid post!

Hey No!

At least, I made a post! I am a good girl, I am, like Eliza Doolittle says! (B/w, Xcuse me for using the word “girl”)

7 comments:

  1. My personal opinion is Life must not have a rewind button because soon we will be searching for a forward button. Anyway i appreciate ur self appraisal- S U R A GuD GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gud one miss! Glad that u've made a post 4 us!!! And happy that we've got to know u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPEE!!! Finaly a post abt US!!! A PIC 2!!!
    I must say that god is v.happy wit me 4 I have been extremely lucky to have meet u this year, miss!!! Thanks so much,it was really so so nice of u to bear me during all my free periods!!! I had a yet another memorable year in school, all thanx 2 'TALENT TIME' and YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like, this "so so " will never get out of u! Even I am tempted to use that!

      Delete
  4. Thank u miss for all those wonderful times..Wish we would have those this year too...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, as I said, it is really gr8 that you give me the feel of 16!Thanks yo girls!

      Delete