Saturday, April 7, 2012

This is for You Arvind!

I couldn’t get this guy out of my mind. His face kept bouncing back and I found myself at the desk writing this for him!

It is a big pain being a teacher, if you have not really mastered the art of saying goodbye to students who pass out every year! It is more painful when you have to say goodbye to students with whom you have a great rapport! 

Last week, it was Swa who called up to say bye, and today Arvind came around to bid adieu! I was quite taken aback by the way he entered and greeted me in the library, for the typical ‘Ara’ style was missing!!! But when he came near, I could see his usual expression, followed by this dialogue -“Miss, Two fotographs!”

We spent almost an hour talking, I asked about his future plans, his new school and such other stuff! We clicked a few pics, I know pics are not really needed, coz he will never be forgotten, for he is one of the best students I have come across! Now, he is moving to a classroom, where I will not be his teacher and it really twinges me!

There are many fond memories about this handsome guy! We have had a lot many sessions of arguments and fights too!

Oh Arvind, I will miss all those!

I can never forget the speech you gave during the Champion of Primrose, the wonderful presentation of “The Road not Taken”, the way you expressed your gratitude for the opportunity, the cutest expression you gave during Rheu’s victory speech, your wonderful essays and letters, the myriad ways that you employ to ANNOY me and all those fun sessions we had!

I really don’t know what to say!
As you move on to the highways of life,
I wish you drive your life-car with utmost care!
For highways offer much freedom,
But seamless freedom has its own pitfalls!
So, think twice before you change gears,
And press hard on the accelerator!
Wishing you the very best in the years to roll,
And I am sure
One Day, You will make me PROUD with the thought
That I was once your Teacher!
Oh, How I 'HATE' You Arvind
For making me so emotional!



I will equally miss my friend and colleague, Hema,  his mom and the lovely twins!Hmmmmm..................

8 comments:

  1. Truly a very touching post, Miss!
    You said a lot by saying " Dont know what 2 say"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. chechi, a great post, every student will wish for these words from a teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Vaibhavi & Suji Mam's Comments... REALLY TOUCHING MAM.... IT'S TRUE....

    YOU DESERVE THESE PRAISES ARVIND... ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR BRIGHT FUTURE....

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post!! Miss u RV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone will miss u Arvind!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is really gloomy news to hear that a bit naughty brilliant and trustworthy child like Aravind migrating somewhere, anyhow best wishes for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :') ! All you guys made me cry ! Thank you so much <3 !

    ReplyDelete
  8. With your ping, today, you made me read this again, I so miss you Arvind!

    ReplyDelete