Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My X

My journey with them began in 2009, when I joined this school. I was their class teacher, I still am!

Last year, on the last day I told them – “I don’t know if you are torturing me or I am torturing you. Let’s wait for the next year to see if I will get a chance to torture you again!” Lady Luck smiled at me and I was given yet another year to trouble THEM.  Yes, third year as their class teacher!



I have been wanting to write about them for quite some time. I enjoy every minute that I teach this class, ‘coz such is the kind of attention that they give you. Be it, drama, poetry or short story – it’s wonderful teaching them.

Eighteen – Yes, 10 girls and 8 boys - and each one unique!

Chetan would give me good start – This guy is full of energy and it is infectious too. He is available for anything and everything. Being a commerce buddy, he has a lot of time in hand. What I admire in him is his ‘always-ready-to help attitude’. He is the Vice President of my Club and we have had a lotta time together. I have always felt that he is really able to pass on his high energy to people around too. Adorable guy, naughty though!

Then comes Natus, the Viliyanoor guy – simple, studious and highly responsible.

Nitin – Once upon a time, I used to think that he is the ‘gentleman’ of the class. Recently he has been successful in turning this notion of mine to be a false one, for I can see his tail coming out inch by inch!!!!!!!!! You can’t help admiring him for the kind of hard work he puts into his work, nor can you help noticing his adorable expressions in and off the classroom.

The Trio – Naren, Rahul and Sai. There is something common in them. They give you the funniest of expressions, when reprimanded. All the three are great friends and that is why I preferred the word “TRIO”.
Guru – I think I can describe him as the most obedient guy in the class!

How can I forget the dancer cum artist Shubam? I don’t really know if he enjoys – I thoroughly enjoy pulling his legs – mainly a play with the word “attitude”. I love to see him smile when I pass this comment. There is always this mysterious smile on his face and that is something that I simply adore.

Now, the GALS!

Who would give me a good start here? Why should such a question surface at all? Haritha is the only answer! Like Chetan, she too is a commerce buddy and that way we have had many free sessions together. A girl with great potential, I should say! What I love about her is her willingness to change. She puts in tremendous effort to grab good comments, but I have always shocked (rather surprised) her with rude comments, many a time intentional. But I should say, she is very sportive and would give such an innocent expression which makes you think that she hasn’t heard anything at all. I can see a great entrepreneur in her, I am sure she will tower great heights! OMG – I just forgot to mention about her high sense of responsibility!!!!!!!!!

Japna comes from Kashmir – the adjectives that come to my mind right at the moment are silent, polite, well-behaved, studious, shy and cute – Yes, that describes her!

Another TRIO here – Nimanshi, Nivedha, Ashi! All three are great dancers, not to mention about their style consciousness! Ashi , (she is as shy as her name sounds) the mallu girl is a new addition this year, but she has managed to fit well into this group.

Divya Ben Patel, from Gujarat is studious, shy and a lil reserved! I feel she has diverse talents, which she is yet to open up. 

Shakthipriya is the poet of the class and she owns a personal blog too. Vimeena too is a dancer and is always full of energy. Bhuvi or Bhuvana –the badminton champion – She is one girl, on whom you can rely for any work. But you can never spot her in class during the tournament season. An occasional visitor to class during those times, she has always come up with excellent grades, despite her absence in class. She has a cute smile, which often flashes across, especially when you are pulling her legs!

Hey Hey Hey, how can I forget Smiti, the most studious girl in the class. She is in love with Biology, but does well in English too. A budding microbiologist, she is also good at compering, speech and tennis. It is a pleasure to have her in class, she comes up with the most intelligent queries! I can’t help mentioning about her love for spellings too!  

So, THEY, make my WONDERFUL class. Though there are silly tussles, they make a wonderful class. Most teachers have commented that it is a pleasure teaching this class. I feel happy that I have been able to  sail with them for three consecutive years! But for their hard work, Dew Drops and Daffodils would not have turned out to be such Mega Hits. I should really give them the credit, coz it was this class which helped in materializing my plans!

Having said about these 18, I think I should be mentioning about Samriddhi too. She moved to Madhurai last year and I sure miss her in my class! There were two other guys too -Logesh and Mathi....

Cheers Yo Guys n Gals!
My X, U Rock!

12 comments:

  1. Superb Mam.... really heart touching.... WOW....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty Mrs.Bharthi! Long Tym...Hope u are fyn!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Truly a wonderful class! Wish I 2 was in X!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post miss! hope to see 1 like this for our class too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm....shall reserve my comments for d moment......needs high level discussion in person;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha...I understand Flavia! Will wait for urs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Savi3: Let God Almighty give me the strength to come up with one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss, vry nice post!! they (this class) r really wonderful batch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual u've taken me into ur world... I felt sad wen I couldn't find everyone in the snap. It would be more better if u could have describe them with their seating position in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always u rock chechi.. luved it.. waiting for the next one!! :)

    ReplyDelete