Saturday, April 14, 2012

Reliving Talent Time.......

I have always felt this! 

Every time I plan to update the blog, I end up with some stuff connected to the school! 

It’s hard to believe that 2011-2012 has just gotten over. Time sure does fly. It seems to me as if I was on a merry-go-round that didn’t stop long enough for me to think about getting off. 

I am surprised! 

Peeping back at the year, what should I say! There have been good times and bad times, predominantly ……..Hmmmmm, I don’t wanna say! 

Whatever it may be, undoubtedly, Talent Time was the best thing that I could associate myself with! Daffodils was good too. Now, when I am breaking my head planning for next year’s TALENT HUNT ( I just wanted a different name this year), I thought it would be a good idea to have a look at TALENT TIME as an outsider, and energize me! Knowing me, I can’t or really don’t wanna repeat whatever we had done last year! I just hate to do same things year after year! That can’t be creativity, that can’t be innovation, that can’t fetch excitement, at least in me! I believe, every year, we should come up with some novel idea and this can always create a great sensation! 

So, let me dive into the year that has gone by and relive TALENT TIME, I hope that it will do a great deal in bringing in new ideas!


Okay!

Our Director is a person, who appreciates anything that comes under the extracurricular stream, and so when I made this proposal for Talent Time, it was wholeheartedly welcomed by her! She was far too excited than I had expected and offered me all the back up I needed! My needs were catered to and I was very delighted to see that my plans were just going the way I had planned, may be better than what I really expected! 

From the inaugural ceremony to the prize distribution ceremony, each event generated so much enthusiasm in the kids, and it all felt like a dream just unfolding!

I wanted the inaugural ceremony to be a very grand one! How lucky we were to have this gentle lady to inaugurate Talent Time! I had met her a coupla times earlier, but those were just parent –teacher meetings! I still believe her ‘grace’ had something to do with the HUGE success of Talent Time! Yes, we were blessed with the presence of Mrs.Anuradha Sriram, Co-founder and Joint Managing Director of Integra, Pondicherry.

Best things come to you in the best possible way, and this was the best way, and Anu Mam, I believe was the best person to inaugurate TT! Talking about Anu Ma’am, I really can’t find words to express the kinda person she is! Rarely you may come across such a personality – Humble, Modest and Graceful! She can fascinate you just by the way she talks! No wonder, she is an inspiration to many! In spite of very busy schedule, she spent almost half a day with us! After a few days, she made my day, by calling me up to tell me how much she liked the event!

Anu Ma'am inaugurating Talent Time


                                               

Once inaugurated, what followed was FIVE days of pure excitement, fun and frolic! The excitement grew by the day and reached its maximum with the Champion of Primrose Contest! Even the Prize Distribution ceremony was one such event and I loved every moment of it! Earlier, we used to announce the results before hand, and it did not really create much excitement in students, as they already knew the results. So this time, we decided to announce the results only on the last day! This idea proved successful, for we could feel anticipation and tension and excitement in the air, from the morning session! 

On the Prize Distribution Day, the forenoon session was dedicated for the Primary Section and Kindergartens. By 2 in the afternoon, excitement reached its peak, when the function was about to commence. I remember many kids coming behind to ask me who the Champion was! Again, we had small session of speeches by the chief guests before we really got into the announcement of the results! Flavia and Me did the MC and what fun it was! Flavia is an excellent partner in such activities, she gives you her 100% when it comes to SUPPORT! Needless to say, I miss her these days! 




Never will I forget the excitement in kids as we geared up for the Champion! The box containing the result was up on the tree and we invited Leslie Mam, our director to announce the name of the Champion! No one knew the result and everyone was tooooooooo excited to know it! We could see the tensed faces of the finalists and finally the teddy who had the box came down the tree and Leslie Mam grabbed the box! Kids scurried around, some of them danced and then started the celebration as Sunil was announced the Champion! Photograph session followed and thus we drew curtains on TALENT TIME-2011. 

Those times will never be forgotten! I should really thank many of my students who had really worked hard for this great success of Talent Time. My advisor, as I call Rhea, though a grade X student was always ready to help, do the running around for the conduct of the event. Haritha, Chetan, Sunil, Swathi, Smiti, Nitin, Priyanka, Gokul, Bala, Vaibhavi, Arvind were all really helpful in fulfilling the “Talent Time” dream! Many of my colleagues too had put in their time and energy into TT. And they gave me FIVE glorious days! This is a token of my gratitude to all those who had given me the much-needed support for organizing such a mega event! 

I hope Talent Hunt -2012 will also be embraced with the same zeal and zest! 

Let it give us another series of memorable events! 

13 comments:

  1. yes talent time was really gr8 miss! eagerly waiting for season 2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talent time was fun miss... It was great to see everyone performing what they like...Waiting to see what the new events are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...watch out for a lotta new events! The list will be put on the school blog in the coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thoroughly enjoyed being a part of TT.Waiting for TT 2!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow sumie miss!!! Wonderfully written.... Loved it!!
    And of-course we re gonna rock dis time alsoo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when my advisor is around, what more can I expect, than a mega hit?

      Delete
    2. hehe!!! :) *shy is coming* :P

      Delete
  6. All i need 2 do 2 get a smile on my face is just think of Talent Time! I have had some of the best days of my life during the event!

    Main jahaan rahoon,
    main kahin bhi hoon,
    teri yaad saaath hai!

    kisi se kahoon,
    ke nahi kahoon ,
    yeh jo dil ki baat hai!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, this time its gonna be rheu rheu all the way! Vaibhavi, be careful! She is free from the burden of X!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha haa:D I never thought abt it, Miss!! Anyway I hope rehu, will do things better than me!!:)

    ReplyDelete