Monday, April 30, 2012

Rain In Summer

This is something familiar to my ears!" Miss, Its gonna rain! I love watching rain! I love to dance in rain"- I have heard Vaibhavi say this whenever the sun hides himself behind the clouds. Somehow, I have never been able to get such a feel about rain. When it rains, the first thing that comes to my mind is about the clothes in the balcony which will get wet !!!!! Hahah! 

So, I have never been a great rain lover. But, this one was special -the Rain in Summer! This reminds me of Madhavikutty's much-loved poem "The Rain in Summer" - my write up has nothing to do with it, though! 

Our vacations are always planned in Alleppy and Cochin, but this year it is the Capital City - Trivandrum - my bro-in-law's place! After hitting Tvm a coupla days ago, I have been busy doing NOTHING! Its so relaxing to stay in a place far away from the hustle and bustle of the city! So, coming to what I wanted to say!

Morning!

I woke up hearing the roaring sounds of thunder! Reluctantly, I got out from the bed! I moved to the window to check what was happening downstairs. The kids had already got up and I felt they were sure a competition for the thunder outside!!!!! All the three were shouting at the top of their voices, and the usual fights were happening! 

By the time I came to click, rain had stopped and sun started peeping in!
Missed clicking those wonderful rain moments!
You can spot the rain patches, though!
Standing there, I drank in those beautiful rain moments, oblivious of what had been happening around, I didn't know how those 20-30 minutes went by! I can't really make out how I could stand there for such a long time just to enjoy the rain drops! It may be because of the beautifully constructed traditional Kerala house, which has the Nadumuttam through which the showers dance into the house, it could be because I didn't have any other burden in mind, so that I could afford to give myself a lil time to think about the beauty that Nature offers us! Why didn't I allow myself these luxuries before? May be time has come for me to realize small things fetch JOY to heart. Yes, I can hear the raindrops whispering - they say -It is not Pleasure that we should look for, but Joy which can make our life special!

3 comments:

  1. I was surprised!! U didn't enjoy the beauty of rain till now.. I always love it.. Finally u too have... I am gladddddddddddddd!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cant remember the tym I had enjoyed it! May be once upon a time I too had, not in the recent past! May be that is why this one was special!

      Delete
  2. WoW! I think its one of ur best post, Miss! Enjoyed reading it! And yeah, its just amazing 2 feel d raindrops falling!!!

    ReplyDelete