Monday, October 29, 2012

A Voyage with Pi...

Not really raining cats and dogs, yet hols declared for schools in Pondy! Seems, just like me,  rains have decided to be in love with Pondy for a while! A cyclone hitting Pondy was also predicted! Pondy still holds the disturbing reminders of “Thane”, hope this one is not so devastating! 

No usual Monday Blues - may be that's why, I woke up feeling energetic. I felt something had induced positive vibes into me. I allowed, rather requested it to fill fragrance into my day! 

Frankly speaking, I wasn’t really in for a holiday today! It feels like ages after we had a full school session. Also, there was nothing much to do, couldn't plan to go out, all that I could see was the dull weather outside, obviously a holiday didn’t make much sense! 

“Sense” – is one word I cannot really come in terms with, most of the time. Oh again - I don’t wish to digress!!! 

Answer scripts would have craved for my touch, but I was in no mood to fall for them. While I sensed the need for something out of the routine, I wasn’t really able to decide on what it should be. What could be enticing for this day? It seemed to be a perfect day for picking up a book and staying all day in its company. Books are always a great company, when no one else has time for you. People are busy, they have their own priorities, and we can't compel anyone to give us their time.Books never betray you, ignore you or make you feel down, instead they make you emotionally rich and help get you out from the weird mood swings. Better hang out with them!

Browsing through the collection I hold, “Life of Pi”, the one that Flavia had given me, caught my fancy! “Yup, today is with Pi, the 16-year old survivor from a wreck”, I made up my mind! It is an old one, I had planned the read a long time ago, but it had never happened! Today, with mind going in this direction, I would make it happen, SURE! In no time, I did with everything I had to do for the day + made some beetroot juice which I thought would add taste to my voyage with Pi! It proved to be perfect combo later! 


A Wonderful Combo they made!


Gauri also picked up the book Pappu gifted him, so we had some absolutely good reading time! I was indeed happy that much of time was spent with this extremely adventurous and audacious novel. Four and a half hours of pure ADVENTURE! No wonder, it had grabbed the Booker Prize. ‘Terrific’ is the only word, I can think of to describe this absolutely compelling story! Hats off to you Yann Martel…

The background score for the day was the much-loved parayathe ariyathe....

5 comments:

  1. I think I have read it. There are some chapters in Pondicherry, rt? B/w I love ur umbrellas, wat presentation yaar! Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precisely, the same. And, you too fast, Lady!!!!!!! And C,didn't have much to do, was just lazing around, so dedicated some time for it, dats all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Click Miss!! <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Juice is that!?? :P So cool! ;)

    ReplyDelete