Saturday, October 6, 2012

Travelling with the Thoughts...

Many of my students have their own blogs and I am a regular visitor to these. Most of them are excited about making posts and every time they make a post, they ping me to tell they have made one. Even if I am busy, I make it a point to visit them and comment. Some have tech blogs, some on poetry, some on daily happenings, some on photography and it goes on…….I have pasted the links of these blogs on the school blog that I run, so that they get encouraged to come out with more of their ideas. …. 

Well, I am not gonna talk about these blogs and their content here. While these kids who have come up with their blogs are quite confident about what they do or write, there is a group which would really be happy sitting inside the shell! 

Yeah, I am right on that point. Outside academics, when I talk to them, I can make out that most are really interested in coming out, but there is one phobia which is pulling them back into the shell. They are scared to express themselves, just for one reason – what will people think of me after reading what I write!!!!!!!! Or what will be the impression formed about me if I comment? 

My thoughts take a trip this way! These thoughts had been niggling up in my mind for a while, and now I put it down here.........

Why should one hold back himself /herself from expressing his/her thoughts, especially when there is nothing wrong in it? Or even if there is a negative comment or criticism, why should one get perturbed and lose his sleep over it? People have their own preconceived notions and no matter what happens, they will never change. They have a general habit of slotting in brackets for every other person they spot. Calm seas will never make a good sailor and that explains it all. Sometimes in life, you ought to face violent seas to makes yourself a good sailor!!!! 

Expressing oneself is very important to lead a peaceful life. There is no point in depositing everything in mind and then struggling with it. Over a period of time, you tend to lose yourself and you will end up with a lot of regrets in future. I guess the present generation has a better say in matters that concern them and so they should be able to come out of these shells to make their lives beautiful instead of alienating themselves. I feel we aren’t here to hold on to pain and hurt, after all, it is a beautiful world. ‘Miserable’ isn’t the word you would be looking forward to, let it be ‘blest’! May be, at least a few who read this will get a drift of what is said! If so, I am delighted! 

Can’t really understand, how I came up with such a ‘somber’ post! I wonder if it has something to do with my time with Shakespeare, the ultimate philosopher!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. This is a major block, not only with kids, but also with adults....even me for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. strictly true wid me!!!coz i never take any initiative to participate in anything!!!but yeah will definitely try to do it the nxt time i get an opportunity !!!(*NO REGRETTING*,NO WITHDRAWING INTO THE NUTSHELL)!!!!:P N yeah...... miss good timing fr such a post!!!

    ReplyDelete