Monday, September 17, 2012



Any working day, the best news for students is “the teacher is absent”, rt?

You can always hear a “Hurray!” as soon as this news is confirmed. I was no different when I was a student. But, this time when I took a week off from school, I decided not to give the tenth graders that ‘Hurray’ feeling. Yeah, I gave them two essays to be done with by the time I am back. 

Creative writing is given more weightage in ICSE and the topics they choose are entirely different from the ones that you see in the other boards. I chose two topics – 

1. A dream that you would like to turn into reality

2. Ten weird things about yourself


Everyone seemed to be very happy with the first topic, but when I read out the second one, there was a big hue and cry – for no one wanted others to know how weird they are!!!!! I didn’t change the topic; instead I said I would also write down ten weird things about me. In fact I liked the idea of writing about myself, as it would almost be like a self analysis. Also, I thought it would help me clear some cobwebs from my head! So here it goes….. 

Weird is a word, which is a bit confusing to me. For most people ‘weird” means strange, peculiar and unusual. I now allow my mind to wander and fetch me some aspects what other people think to be weird, but to me which appear very much normal. Yeah, just like an obedient student, my mind brings me the weird things about me. 

#1 - I love to be BUSY! I can’t seem to like idling away my time. I always find some reason to be busy! In fact, I am busy most of the time with something or the other, but I try and make it a point to blog, put up pictures, make calls, mail friends, chat, wish people on their happy/special days whenever possible. It’s not that I have time to spare, but I make the time, because I don't want to get lost in my day-to-day life. I consider myself to be a well-oiled machine which keeps running without any need for rest! Workaholic or Weird – what would you call me? 

#2 - Age is a matter over mind, if you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. Though I feel just like a fresher out of college, I keep telling I am getting old, but can’t figure out why I keep telling it again and again. Some of my students can’t really stand this attitude of mine, but I do say it very often. Ain’t I weird? 

#3 - I can’t restrict myself from telling out what I feel. I am not really bothered if people like it or not. This mainly happens with students, in no way can I think of pampering them to get them going. I am happy if they take it positively in order to better themselves, or my thought is – ‘let them learn it the hard way’! 

#4 - I am not really self-obsessive, but I have this weird habit of writing down every single happening in my life. This desire is quite insatiable too. I had this diary writing habit right from the high school days and now it has been replaced by my blog. One of my thoughts in those days was “if at all there was some kind of a machine that could record every single happening on a daily basis” – I am definitely weird! 

#5 - I am scared of silence!!!! Silence is a word very much liked by teachers, but I am otherwise!!!!!!! Weiiirrrddd! I want people around me to be lively all the time. I don’t even mind if it is ‘noise’! My better half keeps telling me I should practice meditation to get rid of this phobia! 

#6 - This is an age where Mobile phones are a craze with everyone. Be it students or oldies, the fascination for mobiles can’t be explained. It has become almost equivalent to oxygen. I wonder how I have gone in a different track when it comes to my mobile. I am just more than satisfied with a basic model, and here my point is “phone is just for communication”! Many people ask me why do I continue to use the basic model! I am not bothered, ain’t I weird? 

#7- Next comes TV. Once upon a time I was a movie -TV buff, but not any more. Its gonna sound a bit weird when I say I have no TV at home. My old idiot box is still here, but just as a box! In this era, it is quite weird and so am I! 

#8- Sans Internet, No me! It is my slogan. It is very difficult for me to stay comfortable without Internet. I have become too much dependent on this web that I feel like a fish out of water without it. Why I consider this weird is ‘coz, there was a time in my life, when I used say “I hate computers and anything related to it!!!!!!!!! So there is every reason to ask - Ain’t I completely weird???? 

#9 - This one is totally weird – I know. Yellow Metal is a great fascination for almost every lady I know, there are a few exceptions, though! I have never been able to bring myself to like it. It sounds really weird when I say I don’t wear gold at all. But I am quite happy with all the other stuff like black metal, mehndi gold, plastic, silver and others!!!! Yeah, you are almost convinced - I am weird!!!!!!! 

#10 – I can’t really go with the flow, I do specialize in swimming against the tide! I would like to stick to my own rules! That spawns a lot of enthusiasm! By now, you might have concluded, there is some truth in me telling you I am totally weird! 

This is not the end, there are many more, but for me, all these are absolutely normal! But for all these, I can’t be “Me”! Hence , it is better to stay the same!

Well, that’s it!

But, how do you know if the above TRASH is true!!!!!!!!Lolz!

20 comments:

  1. Truly Truly WEIRD!!!...rely good 2 kno hw WeiRd u r...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your post Mam.
    (ofcourse Not a trash... its a treasure... self analysis !!!!)

    We have many points in common... !!!
    I have heard people say I'm a bit offbeat,
    (i) when I say I don't have TV for the past 15 years & I don't like it (sounds a bit weird, isn't it?)
    (ii) When I say I don't like Yellow metal...
    (iii) when I say my age often...
    (iv) when I say no to a new mobile & using the same mobile for 7 years or even more... (even my daughter says I'm odd)
    (v) few other points like when I say its difficult for me to survive without internet... & writing down daily happenings & when I insist Shrima to follow the same...
    With all the oddities.... I am myself....
    As you said...Better to stay the same....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats gr8...too many in common!

      Delete
  3. wel chechi believe it or nt it may or maynt b weird 4 othrs... bt if v dnt ve our weird things den hw cn u b urself!!!!
    Guess its dese weirdness which contributes alot in makin ppl who dey r... unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah!! Too gud :)
    First of all, I love the way u write!! Its jus so osum!!!
    And Second of all!! I must agree dat ur superr weird!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second one I totally agree, cant be weirder!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous4:04 PM

    i noe its all true @ sunie miss!! we have shared many things abt ourselves together!! can u say no to this?? :P :P simply kidding! my character almost matches with urs!! ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats gr8 Hemhs! You are always a sweet heart!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous4:11 PM

    ;)!! :D lotsa <3!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chechi, super liked ur post!!
    2 3 5 6 8 10 is same as urs.. :-) Glad to be that way as you are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty Anju! I am not able to read ur posts, that font doesn't appear here! Have to do something about it!

      Delete
    2. :-(
      http://eanjublogs.blogspot.in/
      Heres a surprise for u chechi.. an english poem with which i sturggled a lot and finally its here.. pls read and comment..

      Delete
  8. Awesome sunichi...I know you are weird in many ways :D, but still you are the BEST...love you loads......

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahha truly weird :P but i believe the best cones out when one is weird. weirdness make us unique!! so ur really blessed with many. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are thoda thoda weird only. but, I have to disagree slightly with the first point. extremely busy it seems. your leisurely walking pace explains it all. have someone record the way you walk up the stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahahaha! Cant stop laughing, man! So u mean, I should run about to prove that I am busy? Anyway, even if I keep trying, I cant be as weird as you, rt?

    ReplyDelete