Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nostalgia


Aluvappuzha 



“I am in love with Pondicherry” – This is my usual reply whenever people ask me how life in Pondy is. Yeah, I love Pondy and the life here. No doubt, Pondicherry is one place I have always wished to live, still love to live, but no place can be like Aluva. The reason is simple – among the many things that kindle nostalgia, Aluvappuzha and Manappuram hold a very special place. As we go through life, there are some moments, some days, some phases which can never be forgotten. I feel I have a box full of memories and it is just like the Pandora Box, which is difficult to close, once opened. The only difference is that my box has only good memories!

When I visited Manappuram last week, I got reminded of T.S. Eliot’s lines where he conveys a very strong point in life. Where ever you go, how much ever you earn, how long you have been away, you always would long for your native land. 

True! Can’t agree more! 

5 comments:

  1. 100% true. The longing is always there, though I don't really wish to go back and live there. When I read the post, I feel, it is the nostalgic memories that hold you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it Sunie! Nostalgic Memories; it's very difficult to close, once opened. Aluvappuzha & Manappuram hold a very special place for me too.... Thank for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:51 PM

    so true! i have not been to those 2 places but agree with the last point of urs- wherever u go ,nd watever u earn, it will never match up with ur NATIVE LAND!!-TO THE INDIAN WHO DIED IN AFRICA!! SEE MISS still rem ICSE ENG'10th std!! ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah goody goody girl! U still rem!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3:36 PM

    (Y)!! ;)!!

    ReplyDelete