Sunday, September 23, 2012

Realization Dawns - Better late than never!

Despite being super-busy with the usual Sunday schedule of cooking, cleaning, mopping, ironing, chopping, shopping, and listening to my favorite songs,  I thought I should blog today. I never had any plans for a post today, but the desire was too much! Let me ask myself - am I becoming an addicted blogger? When I say so much, you may think I have had some dream like Coleridge who poured out ‘Kubla Khan’, when he woke up from it!! If you thought so, you are grossly mistaken! 

Read on to find out!

Sometime back, I got an eBook to be edited. When editing was in progress, I came across a chapter where the writer had listed “What I realized about life in my 40-year old life”. I read it, but didn’t give it much thought then, but today, it sprung back into my mind. Enthused by that article, I tried putting down a few things I have realized about life! But before I share my views/ observations, let me make it clear, these are just my thoughts, inspired by life experiences! Any resemblance with anyone or anything is purely coincidental!!! A Caution, a Disclaimer! 

- Retrospection happens at many points in life, if you are a person who thinks “the past was glorious”. There is a well-known quote on nostalgia – “Nostalgia is almost like a grammar lesson – it finds the present tense and past perfect”. Whoever had quoted it has beautifully connected it to the ‘tenses in English’! Most of us believe this, but eventually we are sure to find ourselves wrong! What usually happens is that when we dwell in the glorious ‘past’, we neglect the splendor of the ‘present’! 

- The most dominant thought patterns in us decide who we are. So we have to simply put together the most fruitful/efficient thought patterns! Or else, you stand every chance to dash into a depression mode. 

- Enthusiasm is everything. You need to tell yourself that you are excited to go on with your journey.

- Only if you think you can, you will be able to do something. That’s absolutely true. But, you also have to put your heart and soul into it, if you wanna achieve something. 

- The first step to finding a solution to a problem is accepting that a problem exists. Many of us don’t do it and move on believing that there isn’t really any problem. We usually take it for granted.

- I go with Frost here – Whatever happens, life will go on, but you need to put in special efforts to make it charming. 

- It has been rightly said that Happiness lies with the small things in life, but if your happiness depends on someone or something, then you have to get ready to be hurt. Hence, you have to discover your own ways to be happy! If you don’t define your own happiness, no one else will do it for you. 

- You can never chase affection, attention, care or love. All these have to be given/received freely, or else, it is not worth it. 

- People will never be able to comprehend what we feel, unless they experience the same in their own lives.

- Ego fetches nothing but disasters in life. Ego can only shrink the scope for betterment. Ego makes you argue with people, who are more important to you than an argument. Shedding ego is a must for maintaining excellent relationships. 

- There is no point in explaining to/convincing people who can’t understand what you say! Find out if they are able to get what you say, if they are, then go ahead with it, if not, stop it then and there, or else you will end up being called a crack/ nut/ stupid!!! Beware! 

- No situation can be ideal.

- There is no point in believing that things would come to you, instead pursue it.

- We have no right to blame anyone for anything. It is better not be judgemental. They have their own ways to go about. 

- Some things are true, even if you don't see or believe it.We need to develop special eyes and ears to whatever is unseen and unheard to us!

- Avoid intrusion, interference, invasion into other people’s life!

- This is from the point of view of the teacher in me - "Marks" are not everything in life, there is much more for students to learn for their future life. Values have to be inculcated from the younger days, or else they risk themselves.

- Nothing else in life is as important and as satisfying as our peace of mind!

OMG – Have I written so many? I will stop with this last one, let it be little on a lighter tone. I am a great fan of Kahlil Gibran Quotes – but here I am trying to modify one of his most famous quotes.

Gibran says:- If you love something, let it go. If it was yours, it will come back to you, or else it was not yours!
I say: If you love something, let it go. If it was yours, it will come back. Once it comes back, if it starts eating up your time, and makes you happy, hold it tight, or else it will go again! Lol!

5 comments:

  1. Philosophical? Slightly different from the usual posts, but you made it up with the last few lines - by coming back to yourself, rt? A nice read again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Lady, no philosophy! Just plain facts! Chumma, enthenkilumokke vende to fill the mind, dats all! No plans of becoming philosophical, as of now!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:18 PM

    haha!! miss some quotes r really very touching, nd i wanna share sumthng regarding dis to ya in skool tmrw! some quotes seriously make me cry out with emotions, especially the EGO factor!! i have to say what's there in ma mind to any1 or else ma head is gonna break!! i dunno in wat kinda feeling i am in??!! O.o!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A superb post!!! Liked the last lines a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I guess it applies well with you, and that's why you liked it!

      Delete