Thursday, September 20, 2012

Some Chess Stories...

Miss, Gauri looks just like you!

Miss, here comes the ‘male version’ of you!

Miss, you smile like Gauri!

Miss, you talk like Gauri!

Miss, the same expressions you both!

                             - My students say!

Sunie, your son is your Xerox copy!

Gauri is so much like you!

Sunie, ur copy!

Appidiye, unne pole!

Ithu nee tanne!

                         
  - My friends say!

In most families, it is almost a controversial topic if the kids have taken after the maternal or paternal side! We here, have not given it much thought! In fact, I really don’t bother if he has taken after me in looks. Mostly, I feel he has taken after me only in looks, but when it comes to other traits, he is surely an “acha boy”! For instance, he is very much sensible (obviously not like me)!!!!!!! But, I do say it very often – all his good traits are maternal and bad ones, if any, are paternal!!! Lol! 

While I don’t bother if he looks like me or not, I want him to get hold of some traits from me too. Just like any other mother, I too wish! Recently, it gave me a great deal of happiness when I found it! Whatever I take up, I do it with passion and I feel that is my BIGGEST Plus Point! Gauri has it in him and I can’t be happier! 

It all started with Primrose deciding to open Chess classes for this academic year. My little guy didn’t even know what chess was when he was sent for these classes, but from day 1, I could make out his interest in Chess from the way he talked about it at home. Most of the topics revolved around chess and its rules and coins. He even gave a ‘study class’, as he could make out that I was not really familiar with it! I enjoyed these conversations and I kept encouraging him. He was overjoyed when Pappu gifted him a magnetic chess board. 

Why I mentioned passion here is ‘coz of the way he gets ready for each class and the moves planned! The chess classes are usually on Thursdays, and I can see him waiting for Thursday from Monday morning. Keeps a countdown too! Wednesday evening, it will be , “Amma, tomorrow is Thursdayyyyy”, Hhh Chess!” 

He plans ahead too. Once I was stunned when he asked me “ Amma, what are you planning for Thursday’s lunch?” It was a Sunday, I was bit confused when he came up with such a question. Then came the next line, “ Amma,I have chess class on Thursday, soon after the lunch break. I don’t want to take rice on that day, it takes me much time to finish it, you can plan chappathis, okay?” 

This one totally amazed me. He usually gets up at 7, and finds it really difficult if I ask him to get up a lil early, but on Thursdays, he gets up at 5 and wakes me up!!!!!!!!!

Last week, when we took a week off for Lekshmi’s wedding, he was much worried about taking an off on Thursday, as he would miss his chess classes and chess sir!

Can’t you call it ‘passion’?

All this is fine, have a look at this one!

And, don’t miss the answer given by Dhanesh! I just overheard!

G: Acha, in most movies that we have watched and most of the stories we have heard, men are powerful, men are stronger and men are given more importance, but in chess, my sir says, it is the queen who is mightier? Why, why is it like that?

Dhanesh looked perplexed for a second, and then came the reply!

“Athu Makkale, vazhiye manasilayikollum”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - along with a mysterious smile!

You can imagine what would have happened after that! Knowing me, you would guess it right!!!!!!!!!


14 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha! I loved reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss....good one!!!!n yeah!!!I remember telling u most of the times that Gauri takes after you!!!!and yeah happy to know that he has taken after u in many other ways too!!!! But I couldn't guess Gauri's dad's reply!!!!:(((((
    Need translation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learn Malayalam Mr.Gentleman! You have been journeying with me for almost four years now! When I come up with 'wonderful' Tamil, why cant u think learning Malayalam!!!!! Ok va?

      Delete
    2. Miss!!! I don't wish to destroy Malayalam!!! n yeah...... hats off to ur 'WONDERFUL' Tamil!!!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:39 PM

    aww!! the first dialogue of ur story is mine!! ;)!! truly gauri has given himself 4 chess i suppose, he resembles ma bro in this topic!!i go with nitin i too dint understand those words of gauri's dad!! more o'r miss it is indeed mothers' attitude, for their children to have good deeds from them, but unfortunately it comes from the dads!! :P :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:41 PM

    aww!! the first dialogue of ur story is mine!! ;)!! truly gauri has given himself 4 chess i suppose, he resembles ma bro in this topic!!i go with nitin i too dint understand those words of gauri's dad!! more o'r miss it is indeed mothers' attitude, for their children to have good deeds from them, but unfortunately it comes from the dads!! :P :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely agree with you Hemhs! And absolutely happy about it too! From our conversations, I have always made out your dad's influence on you! Whatever said and done, for all daughters, their dads are their first love, and I am no different in this regard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:29 AM

    yep!! ;) (Y)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. had real fun reading this post :) gauri rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. had real fun reading this post :) gauri rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. “Athu Makkale, vazhiye manasilayikollum” Translate Pannu! NOW!
    And, he is just like me no?! Me chess, he chess. Me naughty, he naughty. Me genius, he genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. “Athu Makkale, vazhiye manasilayikollum” Translate Pannu! NOW!
    And, he is just like me no?! Me chess, he chess. Me naughty, he naughty. Me genius, he genius!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arvind, Kanna, you too will understand it slowly! I know you can make out! Naughty - I do agree!

    ReplyDelete